Am I Alone is a confidential service. There are some circumstances where we would need to break confidentiality.
These are listed below:
• When we feel like the service user or someone discussed is in life threatening danger and we have been given their details.
• When we have the service user's permission to speak to a third party.
• If our staff/volunteers are threatened and it is felt that their safety may be at risk.
• When we feel a service user is purposefully obstructing us from carrying out our service.
• When we have a court order to disclose information.
• When we have any threats of terrorism.
There will also be occasions when calls will be listened to by another peer supporter or staff member to assist us in training or to assist a peer supporter with a particularly difficult or distressing call.
It will also help us to monitor the service we are providing to ensure we are giving the absolute best service to our callers.
When we receive an email it is possible for the helpline support worker to see your email address which is confidential within the agency.
We have no means of tracing you unless you give us your contact details (phone number/address).